- Schneider Electric is launching a new wave of digitized and connected technologies designed to help reshape energy management and automation
- New Software-as-a-Service solution, Eurotherm Online Services (EOS) offers better management of compliance and calibration records for Process Industries
- EOS is applicable to regulated industries such as Heat Treatment for Aerospace and Automotive, Life Sciences, Healthcare, and Food & Beverage that require periodic testing to prove and maintain compliance
- The EOS applications leverage technology developed for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Industry 4.0 applications and are completely scalable and relevant to small manufacturing and large, multi-site businesses
London, June 1st, 2016. Schneider Electric™, the global specialist in energy management and automation, in its efforts to drive Innovation At Every Level in Process Industries, has launched a new Software as a Service offer — Eurotherm Online Services (EOS). An integrated online platform and management tool for overseeing calibration records and regulatory status, EOS offers an automated, digitized process for easy collection and retrieval of critical process data – from shop floor to top floor -when and where required.
Jean-Pascal Tricoire, Chairman & CEO of Schneider Electric said: “The extensive digitization of industries globally is demanding highly connected solutions that deliver new capabilities to control industrial operations enterprise-wide, from the edge to the core. Customers are also demanding a new breed of applications and software that deliver real-time intelligence to the right decision-makers at the right time.
“To meet this growing demand, Schneider Electric is launching a new wave of digitized and connected technologies designed to help reshape energy management and automation. EOS is one of our flagship field services solutions. This new cloud-based offer will enable process industries to reduce error-prone, paper driven processes by automating their instrument compliance procedures and planning – driving operations that are more safe, efficient, connected, reliable and sustainable.”
Leveraging the online platform, EOS Advisor is a planning and scheduling tool that enables more efficient management of equipment and staff; meanwhile, the EOS eCAT™ tablet application improves calibration process efficiency with a secure, mobile-compatible tool that eliminates the drawbacks of paper-based records systems.
Reshaping Compliance Management for Process Industries
Clemens Blum, Schneider Electric Executive Vice President said: “Cloud based software services have revolutionised everything from taxi hire, to IT provision, Finance and HR. Industrial Automation is next and Schneider Electric is following a path of innovation to create a better connected, more flexible, safer and efficient use of industrial processes. EOS is a great example of this as it connects service providers and their end user customers, digitising the provision of compliance management from planning to audit; and from any connected smart phone, PC or tablet.”
Go Digital… Stop Pen & Paper
- Managing compliance and calibration can be expensive and time-consuming.
- Many process industries still rely on pen and paper to manage compliance, which can lead to mistakes and loss or damage of paper records that might not be discovered until an audit is in progress.
Eurotherm by Schneider-Electric have first hand experience where major non-conformance of calibration records nearly cost one of their customers the loss of two contracts worth multi-millions. The EOS service event scheduling tools ensure no compliance tests are missed, which helps optimise productivity and deliver trouble free audits.
Digital Compliance for Regulated Industries
Digital compliance management is the future of all compliance management, EOS is applicable to any regulated industry that requires periodic testing to prove and maintain industry standards. There will be continuous development of EOS offerings to add further compliance tests and additional applications for use in regulated industries such as Heat Treatment for Aerospace and Automotive, Life Sciences, Healthcare, and Food & Beverage. In time EOS will be available on any device and operating system anywhere in the world.
- EOS applications leverage technology developed for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Industry 4.0 applications.
- These technologies improve cost efficiencies, enable predictive maintenance and result in competitive advantage.
- Unlike many other technology solutions that require a ‘rip and replace’ mentality, the EOS solutions are a natural fit to an existing process setup and the technology easily wraps around current installations.
EOS for Small, Large & Multisite Enterprises
“The EOS tools are completely scalable and relevant to small manufacturing and large, multi-site businesses,” says Christopher Ashworth, VP & Managing Director, Eurotherm by Schneider-Electric.
“They offer a secure, intelligent, and more efficient way of handling plant-wide process information, adding value to a process by enabling users to convert data quickly into the information required – and that is what the Industrial Internet of Things is all about.”
For more information about Schneider’s Eurotherm Online Services (EOS) offer, please visit our website.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€27 billion in FY2015, our 160,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
#LifeIsOn #InnovationAtEveryLevel #industrialcompliance