Martin Potter, general manager of BEKO TECHNOLOGIES has been elected by a ballot of the committee members as the new chairman for the Air Treatment and Applications Committee (formerly PCAT committee).
The British Compressed Air Society was founded in 1930 at the instigation of the British Government. It is the only UK Technical Trade Association open to manufacturers, distributors and end users of compressed air products, portable air compressors and services.
Society and its members have the following aims:
- To promote the use of safe and reliable power
- To improve the services they offer industry
- To encourage and help members to develop their professional competence.
- To bring the experience of members to bear on the conduct of business in industry for the common good.
The Society actively represents the interests of members and the compressed air industry to both United Kingdom Government, European and overseas Institutions.
There are currently five permanent committees:
- Compressors & Vacuum
- Industrial & Contractors Tools
- Air treatment and Control Group
- Education & Training
Martin says “I’m excited to be elected as chairman of this group, and very much look forward to helping the membership grow and see its members succeed with the support of the ATAC group”