FANUC CORPORATION, the world’s largest company in CNC, Robot and ROBOMACHINEs, and Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE:ROK), the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information solutions, announce today an advanced global collaboration to provide customers a more seamless and integrated manufacturing solution. The two companies have expanded their initial collaboration, started four years ago, in the CNC and Logix programmable automation controller (Logix PAC) environments with further integration of robotics, ROBOMACHINEs and enterprise software products. The effort will have an initial impact on applications in the automotive industry, where customers can experience benefits of a preferred integration plug-and-play automation and information solution.
“FANUC had already been offering flexible open interfaces to complementary automation systems globally. However, FANUC and Rockwell Automation together agree that our globally shared customer base wants a completely integrated automation solution. So, I am proud to announce this advanced global collaboration with Rockwell Automation that allows us to offer a preferred integration solution to our customers around the world,” states Dr. Eng. Yoshiharu Inaba, President and CEO of FANUC CORPORATION.
Rockwell Automation chairman and CEO Keith D. Nosbusch stated, “The global collaboration between Rockwell Automation and FANUC is a direct response to our customers’ needs for more effective integration across manufacturing disciplines. Integrating FANUC CNC, robot and ROBOMACHINE portfolios with our integrated control and information solutions will result in better manufacturing agility, to help customers achieve a secure connected enterprise.”
The two industry leaders will demonstrate the collaborative solutions at IMTS 2014 in the FANUC Booth #S-8919 and Rockwell Automation Booth #E-4979. System integrators, end-users and machine tool builders can see firsthand the benefits these solutions bring including; simplified architectures, faster startups, improved synchronization between platforms, lower maintenance, improved productivity and transparent data access across the entire connected manufacturing enterprise. Demonstrations include:
- A fully integrated automotive machining cell – showcasing FANUC ROBODRILLs, powered by FANUC CNCs, integrated with a Rockwell Automation Logix PAC, showing automotive machining with a FANUC robot loading/unloading FANUC ROBODRILLs.
- An ability to use a Rockwell Automation HMI to operate a FANUC robot – allowing attendees to use a Rockwell Automation industrial computer which supports FANUC 4D graphics to operate a FANUC robot in an interactive kiosk.
- A fenceless robot cell in action – demonstrating a fenceless FANUC robot system using Rockwell Automation safety sensors.
- Live access to machining data from multiple sources using traditional HMI and commercial mobile devices – Rockwell Automation Logix PAC and FactoryTalk View and VantagePoint software gather machining data from FANUC CNCs in 4 different locations: a remote fabrication factory at FANUC in Japan, the automotive cell in the FANUC IMTS Booth, a 5-axis demo of 2 machines in the FANUC IMTS Booth, and the Rockwell Automation automotive powertrain demo in the Rockwell Automation IMTS Booth.
- Component assembly demo – the Rockwell Automation iTRAK Intelligent Track System integrated with a FANUC robot showcases independent control of multiple pallets for component assembly system demo in the Rockwell Automation IMTS Booth.
Similar demonstrations are planned globally at additional events including at JIMTOF (in Tokyo, Japan, October 30-November 4, 2014) and Automation Fair (in Anaheim, CA, November 19-20, 2014).
For further information, please contact