Unison Ltd has a wealth of experience providing world-class tube manipulation machinery for the aerospace industry, with cutting-edge bending technology delivering reduced deformation and wall thinning to exacting tolerances. Unison technologies are used across the aerospace industry to produce tubular components including:
- Fuel nozzles / lines
- Air conditioning lines
- Ducting and bellows assemblies
- Exhaust systems
- Seat frames
- Hydraulic lines
Why Unison Machines are the choice for many of the world’s most prestigious aerospace companies:
- Accurate & Repeatable Bending
- Powerful – Hi Torque Output
- Rigid Mechanical Design
- Control Software Designed for Small Batch Size
- Production to Maximise Machine Productivity
- Direct Acting Clamping System to Give Ultimate Control
- Elimination of Scrap Parts Due to ‘Right First Time Tech’
Case Study: The British Airways Solution
To maximize operational efficiency, British Airways maintains its fleet of aircraft in-house. The loss of revenue resulting from the grounding of a modern aircraft can be astronomical, making fast-turnaround MRO capabilities vital to economic performance.
Unison’s tube bending solution meets the long-term needs of this critical repair and maintenance workshop. British Airways has embarked on a major upgrade to its fleet of long-haul aircraft, which includes the Boeing 787 Dreamliner’s and Airbus A380 superjumbos over the next 10 years. The introduction of these latest-generation aircraft posed numerous new challenges for the airline’s repair and maintenance personnel.
- Unison’s MRO package ensures the critical repair and maintenance workshop can increase turn-around
- MRO capabilities, keeping AOG time and the associated astronomical costs to a minimum
- Pressure hydraulic tubes for Boeing 787 Dreamliner’s and Airbus A380 superjumbos, can be precisely fabricated from specialist aerospace materials such as titanium – without generating expensive scrap
- Tube sizes from a few millimetres up to 40 mm in diameter in a variety of materials including stainless steel and titanium alloy up to more demanding bending tasks, such as rotary draw bending of thick-walled titanium alloy or large diameter tubes
- Right–first-time results. Unison’s unique laser-controlled springback measurement and correction system ensures bending precision by automatically compensating for the natural tendency of metal tubes to spring back slightly after being bent, eliminating unnecessary and expensive scrap
- Precision bending and measuring equipment meets the very high quality and safety standards demanded by the aerospace.
The British Airways package covers tube sizes from a few millimetres up to 40 mm in diameter and accommodates the variety of materials used in this application, including stainless steel and titanium alloy.
- Ideal for demanding bending tasks, such as rotary draw bending of thick-walled titanium alloy or larger diameter tubes
- Equipped with Unison’s unique Laser Spring Back (LSB) measurement and correction system ensures bending precision by automatically compensating for the natural tendency of metal tubes to spring back slightly after being bent, eliminating expensive scrap by facilitating right-first-time results.
- For cost effective bending of intricate stainless-steel tube parts with smaller diameters up to 20mm
- Capable of extremely accurate left and right-hand bending, this CNC controlled manually powered machine is a popular choice with metal fabricators for precision low-volume work, such as aerospace parts manufacture.
FARO CO-ORDINATE MEASURING MACHINE (CMM)
- If there is no supporting design data for a tube that needs replacing the FARO CMM uses laser and tactile measurement techniques to acquire detailed and highly accurate 3D representations of tube. The physical measurements are then processed to create a suitable bending program enabling tubular parts to be cloned in a matter of minutes.
Visit us at Southern Manufacturing
Please come and visit us at stand J190, where we will be happy to discuss your requirements further or if you are unable to attend please don’t hesitate to call us on +44 (0)1723 582 868 for an informal discussion.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Stand – J190